17.3.15

Green & Clean Smoothie

I've just spent the weekend at home being spoilt both in quality and sheer quantity of food. My mother definitely has the 'oh, won't you just have a little bit more' attitude, 'It's so boring to have this last bit left'. So, I agree to be her living compost heap, if nothing else than to save unnecessary confrontation. 

So, come Monday, I needed a green start to my day and a moment to pause before the week began.

This might not be the most impressive recipe you've seen but let this post be this; a simple reminder that we don't have to spend £3.90 at some well branded smoothie bar to get ourselves some rip roaring nutrients. You really can just add some basic ingredients to your online shop and replace the buttered toast for a power smoothie. Start your morning as you want to end your day, feeling energised and healthy.

I won't patronise readers by giving you quantities of ingredients. Go with your gut instinct, buy seasonal fruit and vegetables and experiment with flavours. One tip is do use fresh mint and ginger. These ingredients in particular, tend to give a whole gorgeous layer of flavour. 



No comments:

Post a Comment